Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 07:55:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        leclercn@videotron.ca
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: natd blues

Try ipnat - it's part of ipfilter.  It runs in the kernel so it might
be a bit faster.

- Mike H.

   Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:14:36 -0400
   From: Normand Leclerc <leclercn@videotron.ca>
   Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

	It looks like my natd is slowing down my cable internet transfers.
   When running, I can't get the speed I get when natd isn't around (tested
   downloading 20 megs with natd diverting packets from gateway and then
   tested with an extra ipfw pass all rule before divert).  With divert,
   ETA is around 30 mins, without: 8 mins!  And I tested it more than once.

      I didn't have this kind of slowdown on 3.4 ...  Is there a kernel
   option that can slow down ipfw diverts like that?

   Normand Leclerc
   leclercn@videotron.ca