Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 96 01:29:47 EST
From:      gtc@aloft.att.com (gary.corcoran)
To:        alk@Think.COM, hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB16 full duplex

>Get a GUS PnP and add memory or get a GUS PnP with 512kb.
>The SB cards are not really engineered for audio conferencing
>at least not full-duplex. You can probably do audio conferencing
>with them but not so well in full duplex mode.
>
>	Cheers,
>	Amancio

> > Is it possible to operate the SB16 full-duplex with the current
> > driver?  If so, how?  If not, does anyone know of work to add
> > full-duplex support?

For anyone who might be interested:  I downloaded some *beta* Windows drivers
for SB16 full-duplex operation off the Creative BBS.  I haven't had a chance
to try them yet.  But, this seems to imply that with the right drivers, the
SB16 cards *will* work in full-duplex.  Maybe one of the FreeBSD hackers
familiar with the SB16 details may want to try coding a full-duplex FreeBSD
driver?...   ;-}

Gary