Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2012 05:46:27 +0100
From:      Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.1 minimal ram requirements

> It has happened in the past that even as the release bits were propogating,
> One Last Big Bug was found and those bits had to be pulled and re-done.  It
> would have looked like you had FreeBSD Release X.Y but you wouldn't have had
> the final bits that everyone else did.

I'm aware of this. I simply did not have alternative.

> I understand your frustration that this process takes days, and in general
> the frustration with this particular release -- more than you could possibly
> believe.  However, until we figure out the process that would exist in an
> ideal world, this is what we have, and so if you need something that will be
> in 9.1, your options at this moment are: build an install from 9-STABLE; find
> one of the snapshots (and no, I am not the one to ask, sorry); or wait.

I'm not fond of one-size fits all principle. If an image is
correct, I'll stick with it, till next treshold. At the moment,
I fill relaxed, since both systems work as the best machines
I had in my life.
As I stated before, I could stand bugs and do not expect
"perfect" system anytime. Freebsd suits me. If I have a problem,
I wait or go around, or forget the issue. My bad was that
release problem sinchronized with my power surge issue. At
any other time, I'd be patient and you'd never hear of me.

> Sorry, but that's the best I can offer right now.

Wrong. You made psychological thing and I could be not
worried about state of OS. If this image differs from the
final one, I do not care, if they are the same in parts
that matter to me. I will upgrade at the next <insert>.
Best regards

                             Zoran