Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:20:29 -0700
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: prevent ports from reinstalling XFree86

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 11:16, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am quite happily running xorg for about a week now.
> What would be the recommended way to prevent ports from
> reinstalling XFree86?

Well, new ports shouldn't be reinstalling XFree86 things if you've got
all the xorg bits installed.  But to really clean up the mess, we need a
switch in bsd.port.mk, respected by those ports that currently depend on
XFree86 bits, to depend on x.org instead.  Unfortunately my time at the
moment is filled with work and preparing for usenix, so I can't do it
quite yet.  I invite anyone to beat me to it.  Please?

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org