Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:36:33 +0200
From:      Aragon Gouveia <aragon@phat.za.net>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   gmirror using disk image files

Hi,

I have a need to mirror data between two servers for failover purposes.
I've been reading up on Ggate and Gmirror and I want to try them.  From
what I've gathered I will need a dedicated disk or disk slice in each server
to be able to mirror them.  Unfortunately this is an afterthought and these
two machines are already sliced and partitioned without this scheme in mind.
I would like to avoid rebuilding them or adding disks.

Is it possible to have Ggated export a Vnode device from one machine, and
from the other machine import this device with Ggatec and mirror it with
another Vnode device running locally with Gmirror?

Thanks,
Aragon