Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:13:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail.local?

I upgraded from 2.2.8-STABLE to 3.1-RELEASE yesterday via CD.  When I
came in this morning, my console was full of:

Mar 30 09:53:50 gateway mail.local: usage: mail.local [-b] [-f
from] user ...

Looking in /etc/sendmail.cf, I saw that Mlocal was using a -l option.
When I removed that, and added $u (Thinking that would work from the
Sendmail book), I found that it does work, but only on the second time
the queue is processed.  And then, it does not delete the file from the
queue.  I just sits there.

The /etc/sendmail.cf version is 8.9.2.

This is not a customized sendmail.  All I need is the stock sendmail,
(with the DM line set).

A makeworld would fix this, I would guess, but until I have the time to
do that, what can I do to make it work?

(Didn't 2.2.8 use /bin/mail instead of mail.local?)

Patrick

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9