Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 1995 00:42:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@server.cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Yaser Doleh <doleh@hanina.alquds.org>
Cc:        lyndon@orthanc.com, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Known working DAT drives

> Lyndon Nerenberg VE7TCP said in a letter
> >
> > After endless frustration trying to get a Conner CTMS drive working
> > under 2.0.5 and 2.1-X I'm advising the customer to pitch the
> > current drive and install a DAT instead. I'm curious to here from
> > anyone who has a DAT drive running, specifically the manufacturer,
> > model number, SCSI controller, and FreeBSD release you're running
> > under.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --lyndon

	I've had great results with both HP and DEC DAT drives.  Sorry,
but I don't have one in front of me to read off a model number, but the
HP ones are fairly common and very nice.  The basic one is about $900-100
and the one with hardware compression is about $1300.

cheers,
	Adrian

adrian@virginia.edu                ---->>>>| Support your local programmer,
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~atf3r/   --->>>| STOP Software Patent Abuses NOW!
Member: The League for                 -->>| For an application and information
       Programming Freedom               ->| see: http://www.lpf.org/