Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2006 13:02:28 +0100
From:      Nico -telmich- Schottelius <nico-freebsd-fs@schottelius.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACL broken on all FreeBSD variants

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

Hey!

Just choosed that provocant topic, because there seem to be no
reaction on all the reports I send about FreeBSD ACLs.

Just wanted to know, whether anyone REALLY uses ACLs with
default entries. If so, does it really work with creating
new files?

All my tests say no, and I testet 5.4, 6.1, 6.2.

If someone could confirm that FreeBSD does have ongoing and
unfixed ACLs this would help me, so I can stop spending time on tests.

Sincerly

Nico

P.S.:=20
I reported on freebsd-questions problems with Default ACLs
on 2006-10-18, <20061018141753.GA12559@schottelius.org>.

I reported on freebsd-fs problems with Default ACLs
on 2006-11-23, <20061123171444.GG24205@schottelius.org>.

--=20
``...if there's one thing about Linux users, they're do-ers, not whiners.''
(A quotation of Andy Patrizio I completely agree with)

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O--