Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 07:55:36 +1200
From:      "Juha Saarinen" <juha@saarinen.org>
To:        "Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group" <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, "Donn Miller" <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
Subject:   RE: NS 4.76 instead of 4.77 in 4.3-RELEASE? (GRRR)

:: <tangent>
:: I've always had problems with Linux Netscape under FreeBSD.  (Not sure
:: how well Netscape runs under Linux itself, never had the opportunity to
:: run it under Linux).  Java eventually loops forever, freezing the
:: Netscape application, requiring a kill -9 (it never responded to a kill
:: -15).  Switching to the native FreeBSD Netscape app, my java problems
:: were reduced.  I had this problem on a P120 with 80 MB of memory and a
:: 333 MHz PII with 128 MB of RAM.
:: </tangent>

Navigator does that under Linux as well... a lot.

-- Juha