Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:12:23 -0500
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about virtualbox and windows.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> If I have a FreeBSD 8 machine with a windows partition that currently works.
> is there a way to boot FreeBSD, start virtualbox and run windows from the
> current
> functional windows partition..
> basically I want to switch over to using dual-boot on this machine to
> permanently running BSD with windows as a VM when needed.
>
> Julian
> (I did this many years ago with vmware 1.x but not since).

Though I've not tried any of the setups, there are several how-tos in
the VirtualBox forums explaining how to do just that sort of thing:

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewforum.php?f=28

I'm preparing to do essentially the same thing with several machines
at work, so I've looked through the Windows 7 and XP instructions;
doesn't seem too difficult, but good luck nevertheless...

-Brandon