Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:08:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu>
To:        Nikola Krasnoyarsky <nikl@fannet.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help!! sendmail corrupted attached files

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Nikola Krasnoyarsky wrote:

> hi!
>
> I have sendmail 8.9.3 installed and I have a big problem..
> When I send message with attached files (MUA is unsignificant),
> sometimes I receive corrupted files.. In MIME-encoding it show as:
>
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA^@^@AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
> I try to install 8.11.0 but it does not have any effect..
>
> Please help me.

Is this mail being sent through the Internet, or between two local
machines?  If it is going out through the Internet, perhaps this is due to
a data corruption problem similar to one identified by Wieste Venema six
months ago:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/52241
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/52445

Guy

Guy Helmer, Ph.D. Candidate, Iowa State University Dept. of Computer Science
Research Assistant, Dept. of Computer Science   ---   ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer