Date:      Tue, 07 Nov 1995 18:44:17 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lint won't bootstrap...

Hi

I remember a comment about lint being difficult about installing for
the first time, so I went in there to "lend a hand".

After a bit of effort (no debugging, just installing it, and trying to
make sure all that it expects is there), I get this:

===> lint1
===> lint2
===> xlint
===> llib
lint -Cposix /a/src/usr.bin/xlint/llib/llib-lposix
llib-lposix:
types.h:60: warning: ANSI C does not support 'long long'
types.h:61: warning: ANSI C does not support 'long long'
types.h:72: warning: ANSI C does not support 'long long'
types.h:63: warning: ANSI C does not support 'long long'
types.h:64: warning: ANSI C does not support 'long long'
runetype.h:58: syntax error
runetype.h:73: syntax error
runetype.h:76: syntax error
runetype.h:76: warning: function prototype parameters must have types
runetype.h:80: syntax error
llib-lposix:123: redeclaration of fgets
llib-lposix:143: redeclaration of ftell
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I have done a "make includes", and I have reinstalled lint a couple of
times. Before I do any serious debugging - is there anything trivial
I can do to fix this?

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grumble.grondar.za for PGP key