Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:07:58 +0000
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: So How Hard Is Moving From 6.3 To 7.0?

On Monday 03 March 2008, Mark Ovens wrote:

> Which leads me to ask if there are likely to be any issues with
> dual-booting 6.3-STABLE (as of ~1 month ago) and 7.0-RELEASE? I vaguely
> recall from way back there being issues with dual-booting multiple
> versions of FreeBSD.

That's what I'm currently doing. No problems ... yet.

I've only been running 7.0 alongside 6.3 for a couple of days so far but I've
previously had 6.2 and 6.3 happily living side by side for some time without
problems.

> Maybe that was when trying to install both in the same slice?
>
> Mine will be installed on separate hard disks.

I'm using 2 different slices on the same drive.

> The only thing I could
> think may possibly be an issue is the FreeBSD Boot Manager.

I'm using grub so perhaps I'm a bit safer in that respect.

--
Mike Clarke