Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:55:15 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        "F. Heinrichmeyer" <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gcc-2.95.2, jade and freebsd-sgml-documentation

[ I've cc'd FreeBSD-doc on this, in case there's someone there who's solved
  the problem you're having ]

On Sun, Nov 28, 1999 at 05:38:57PM +0100, F. Heinrichmeyer wrote:
> i tried to make me a new handbook, so i needed jade.
>
> But the newest C++ fashion (g++ under current) has changed to fast for
> this very old 1998 heavily template based source code distribution ;-).
> I had a lot of problems with const and not const .. and gave up. It is
> far to much to post here ...
>
> A lot of error messages are clearly written 1 to 1 from the ansi
> standard (yes we finally spent the 18 dollars ...), but something
> especially about a class "Location" looks really strange.
>
> What tool is recommendet to rebuild the documentation?

Unfortunately, jade is the tool of choice.  I don't run -current, so
haven't had a chance to test out jade with the new GCC.

However, could you take a look at OpenJade?  It's not in the ports tree
yet (should you want to submit a port I'll get it committed), and is a
continuation of the Jade codebase after the original author (James Clark)
moved on to other things.

There's an OpenJade home page at

    http://www.netfolder.com/DSSSL/

and information about the OpenJade CVS repository at

    http://jade-cvs.avionitek.com/

I hope that helps.

    If you want to imagine the future, imagine a tennis shoe stamping
    on a penguin's face forever.
        --- with apologies to George Orwell