Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2019 22:28:32 +0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6722@twc.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: June OpenZFS Leadership Meeting
References:  <CAJjvXiE%2B27fYZh-RUmE=mjD4N63TrnTQVb65qaPZDj4K6oS-Rg@mail.gmail.com> <CAJjvXiE7y%2BYXAZCewDKNKXCmvMYhh4Fy0wt8Kh8V21WvYz3opg@mail.gmail.com> <CAJjvXiHhhZcg_4Ju1U1F9UWRxbNyJyDdnxp89CnBCQpWvqO4xw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJjvXiG4xB76c5p6OVmu9-zVz47DCcmPs%2BT0TUvMf572WXtNxw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJjvXiGXzxu0KiJ1eEHpcpM_o-L6zK-Kd=J2QjXC2wQsMR3Szg@mail.gmail.com> <CAJjvXiEE9beZ1fa8ug3SOExZLS6zkprCn%2BYaZRaKb-3WYAo7zA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJjvXiGtdTdHWOb7A10=NkV3NXAvwh14yK2gZv%2BLmW9AJF4zMw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJjvXiHfKA00k2-yxEMVVQqe0dJcQ6H_=AmeuOKJyZ2EGP-Mgw@mail.gmail.com>

from Matthew Ahrens:

   -

   -

      -

      -

>       Goal is for FreeBSD 13 to use ZoF by default (but may slip to FreeBSD
      14)
      -

      -

      -

      -

      -

   -

      -

>       Illumos - ZFS crypto landed!

How would ZFS on FreeBSD work, regarding compatibility, if I want to also run other OSes on the same and/or other hard drive?  Not all support ZFS, I am in NetBSD as I type this.

On trying to get FreeBSD 13 to use ZoF by default (but may slip to FreeBSD 14), pkgbase was originally supposed to be part of FreeBSD 11, but that also has slipped.

I use GPT partitioning.

Would FreeBSD, Linux and OpenIndiana be able to read/write each other's partitions with ZFS?

Tom