Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:13:30 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        'Jeremy Vandenhouten' <jeremy.vandenhouten@marquette.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: A couple of questions

You can change TERM type under bash with "TERM=vt100; export TERM" either at
the prompt or as part of a config file.

In order to get the other account using the ppp connection, check the
permissions on things like the ppp program you use (if not kernel ppp) and
the modem device.  If you have an account that already works, look at what
groups it is in, and add the other account to the relevant group.  I can't
remember specifically what group the modem device should belong to, but as
long as the new account is part of that group, it should work, provided the
group has read-write access on the device.

Dan