Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:15:48 +0200
From:      "Conrad Burger" <conrad.burger@swistgroup.com>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Tomcat 4.1.29 -  Start then shuts down

Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.swistgroup.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920

Hi all=20

I have a FreeBSD 4.9 system with Tomcat4.1.29 install.

When the system boots, it shows that tomcat is started.
But when I do a sockstat or ps I can find the java processes.=20
After reading the tomcat log files, it looks as if tomcat starts up and =
3-5
seconds later shuts down again.
When I manually start tomcat it works with out any further problems.

Has any one ever seen this behaviour ?=20

I googled for 2 days, but couldn't find anything useful.

Regards=20

Conrad Burger=20
Support Engineer=20
TEBiVO Business Continuity=20
Cell: +27 82 442 8760=20
Conrad[at]tebivo.com=20
Tel: +27 21 888 7956 Fax: +27 21 888 7979=20
Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:=20
http://www.tebivo.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920=20