Date:      Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:17:56 -0700
From:      Eli Dart <dart@nersc.gov>
To:        Brandon Erhart <berhart@ErhartGroup.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FIN_WAIT_[1,2] and LAST_ACK

--==_Exmh_-1837888328P

> Hello everyone,

> However, I have run into a new problem. I am getting a good amount of
> blocks stuck in FIN_WAIT_1, FIN_WAIT_2 or LAST_ACK that stick around for a
> long while.

Could you define "long" in this case?  Are we talking about 60
seconds, or 60 minutes?  I get the feeling that your requirements
might make your perception of "long" different from others' notion of
"long."

The reason I ask is that there was a bug once upon a time that made
some connections stick in LAST_ACK forever....

		--eli

--==_Exmh_-1837888328P

--==_Exmh_-1837888328P--