Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 18:59:33 -0400
From:      Adam Turoff <aturoff@isinet.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Promo Opportunity

Eric Raymond, et alia, released a letter today addressing
Steve Ballmer's more frequent musings about taking parts of
Windows OpenSource.  (http://linuxtoday.com/stories/4801.html)

Ed Muth has been trying to FUD open source with his foot
in his mouth a lot about how Open Source (specifically Linux)
won't work for the typical tech buyer (i.e. CIO), mostly
because anyone can hack open sources.

His latest quote:

 "We have been able to avoid the fractionalization of the
 Windows NT marketplace by bringing the work that people
 do back into a well-controlled source tree and making
 sure it gets subjected to the same quality control,"
 said Ed Muth, Microsoft's group manager for Windows 2000.

http://www.zdnet.com/filters/printerfriendly/0,6061,2239301-2,00.html

This is just *BEGGING* for a response from an open source project
with a core team.

Anyone know where I could find such a project?  :-)

-- Adam