Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 1996 19:19:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        jmb@freefall.freebsd.org (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Helllp :-)

> Joe Greco wrote:
> >
> > Something's changed in the last day or three that's caused the machine
> > hosting mail.freebsd.sol.net some pain and agony...
>
> we had a mail surge this week.  i got 1600++ bounces yesterday alone.
> here are some mail stats--first column is addresses, 2nd is messages,
> third is addrs/msg leaving freefall (this is the effect of bulkmailer
> by the way).  freefall's maillog for jul 31st is 24MB!

Well disk is cheap :-)

I've been a little unhappy with just how hard that poor drive has been
getting hammered anyways (sounds like rapid machine gun fire as Sendmail
iterates through the queue, it's an older Wren drive, and with 752
queued requests right now it's busy for a fair portion of each half
hour).

Good incentive for me to get off my duff and do something I guess.

Thanks for the info,

... JG