Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:54:52 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who is interested in /dev/midi and /dev/synth ?

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> you should really look at the audio driver I wrote and its
> documentation, which should really be helpful. In a few days I will
> also provide a manual for the API I am developing in parallel with
> the old voxware one; as you will see there is much more support
> for synchronization, which is what you need for your type of apps.

I'll be getting a copy of this later today, looking forwards to seeing
some documentation further than the voxware 2.4 stuff I've got.

> Plus, my driver supports multiple cards of the same type (if they
> are distinguishable; there are some unnamed PnP cards which have
> the same vendor id and serial number thus being undistinguishable
> at the PnP level...).

I should probably buy a motherboard that actually gives the correct
voltages for the 166MMX I impulse-bought. I'll be wanting to do this
eventually though so it's nice to see that this is looking possible.

Anyway, thanks for the information, I'll try out some of the newer
versions of both guspnp (although I don't have actually have a GUS) and
your driver (not necessarily in that order!).

Also apologies for the late reply. I've not had time to check my mail much
lately.

Many Thanks,

	Steve Roome

Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342
WWW: http://dylan.visint.co.uk/