Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:32:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      alissa bader <molbloo@interport.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   yet more make install problems

hi all, I want to thank everyone who sent me answers to my question a few
days ago.  I installed CVSup and updated my ports tree, and I've even
managed to install a couple of ports without any problem.  (Staroffice
being one of them).  But I'm having problems still installing Windowmaker
and (now) Perl5:

When I try to install Windowmaker, it takes a terribly long time to
compile (last night, I left it running and went to bed)  and eventualy
reboots my machine. Could this be because I only have 8 megs of ram in my
machine?  I managed to install Afterstep (and all of the related packages)
with no problem.

And when I try to install Perl5, I get the following error:

#make install clean
===> Patching for perl-5.00502
===> Applying FreeBSD patches for perl-5.00502
2 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to Configure.rej

*** Error code 2

Stop.

The FreeBSD ports collection seems like an easy, straightforward way to
install software, but these errors over the past few days have been
driving me nutty.

Please help! Thanks!

--Alissa
running 2.2.7