Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:38:46 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        andre@netvision.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel motherboard.

> Is there someone running FreeBSD on an Intel Server Board STL2 motherboard
> with an Intel Server RAID Controller U3-1 (SRCU31). If not, on some other BSD
> maybe.
> A customer has bought one of those and I'm gonna install it tomorrow, but
> I've seen on the internet that FreeBSD does not support it.

The SRC-U* family isn't supported (and in fact, you won't even be able to
boot FreeBSD with it installed).

Intel bought ICP Vortex, who are redoing the firmware and drivers for these
controllers.  I haven't heard anything to suggest that the new firmware
is shipping yet; if it is, it's worth trying, but otherwise "just forget
it".