Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:15:23 +0800
From:      Rong-En Fan <grafan@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: cvs commit: src/sys/modules Makefile src/sys/conf files src/sys/modules/ath_rate_sample Makefile src/sys/i386/conf NOTES]

On 3/12/05, Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com> wrote:
> Sam Leffler wrote:
> > If you''re an ath user on current it'd be great to get John some
> > feedback on his rate control algorithm as it might be made the default.
> >  I've not tested it with 5210 or 5211 cards and it's likely to have som=
> > issues with them so beware.  To use it be sure you have up to date code
> > and then specify
> >
> > device    ath_rate_sample
> >
> > instead of the normal ath_rate_onoe.
>=20
>=20
> So far, I see no additional performance, in fact, upload speeds are about=
 15-20% less compared to the onoe stuff.  It's stable and seems to work ok =
for me however.

I have an 5212 card on IBM X31. Setting at the same location, the windows
Atheros driver works very well. However, using FreeBSD the network sometime=
hang and saw some 'ath0 device timeout' at console. But, when I switched to=
=20
ath_sample (orig is onoe)  it works very well. Althought I didn't
check the speed,
the ssh connection does not hang any more. BTW, ifconfig ath0 list ap shows
that S:N is about 8:0 to 13:0. My current is Jun 15.

Cheers,
Rong-En Fan