Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:39:57 +1000
From:      "MurrayTaylor" <MurrayTaylor@bytecraftsystems.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Checking for files older than a certain time

Given that I am running a Samba filesystem and have a
directory visible to the windoze users that is a
'common' area, what comand could I use to
enforce a 14 day storage period before a mandatory erasure
occurs? The file time stamps sometimes are waaaaay in the past
if someone copies a historic file there so another someone can access it.
Yet this historic file should remain in the 14daytemp directory for the
14 day grace period

I would like to run a cron job with something like

find /tempdir -ctime +14 -delete {}

but testing this with -print seems to miss some files I reckon
should be clobbered....

Should I do something like
ll > somefile
(14days later )
diff ll somefile   (syntax ?)
delete anything that pops out from the 14day old ll capture

cheers
mjt

CHANGE OF ADDRESS
Please note my new e-mail address