Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:48:42 -0400
From:      Lee Cremeans <lee@st-lcremean.tidalwave.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, Ken Monville <desmo@bandwidth.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linking weirdness

On Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 11:22:06AM -0500, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> you have a.out format .a files in your lib directories, run "nm" on them,
> if you get "file format not recognized" then move them to thier respective
> "aout" dirs.

Actually, I took a look at the Makefile, and what is happening is that there
are two versions of getbits.o. We're trying to use the a.out version (which
prepends the _ to symbol names) in an ELF world (which does not require or
even allow that). The patches I made make two different targets for ELF and
a.out, and they make it so that things are switched over automagically.

--
Lee Cremeans -- Manassas, VA, USA  (WakkyMouse on DALnet and WTnet)
A! JW223 YWD+++^ri P&B++ SL+++^i GDF B&M KK--i MD+++i P++ I++++ Did