Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2001 23:21:44 +0100 (BST)
From:      Joshua Goodall <joshua@roughtrade.net>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DOH! Something PCI-related recently broken in -STABLE

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Chris Dillon wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Peter Wemm wrote:
>
> > Yes. Compaq have this really crack-smoking idea about how the
> > pcibios is supposed to work.  In a fit of brilliance, some rocket
> > scientist decided they need filter out all the host->pci bridge
> > entries.
> >
> > This hoses *all* the larger compaq DL and ML series, eg: DL360,
> > DL380 etc.
[snip]

I have always set my DL's (including DL380s and the earlier 1850s) to
think they are running SCO Unix (do this in SmartStart) with zero defects.

If you zapped your SmartStart slice, rejoice in the fact that you can
dd the slice from some other box, over a network, and it will work ok :)
Or use the CD.

Joshua