Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2012 12:39:59 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a wireless network freezes the machine?

Victor Sudakov wrote:

[dd]

> Is it possible that wpa_supplicant or some other part of the WiFi
> setup causes the hangs? Nothing else has changed in the system besides
> its role from the access point to a WiFi client.

Actually, kern/170066 may be related, but it's different hardware and
in my case, the box does not freeze immediately at wpa_supplicant's
start, though it does freeze eventually, especially if there is some
load on the video subsystem (Intel SandyBridge with the recent
x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel) like watching a movie.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru