Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 1995 11:42:21 -0800
From:      Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
To:        James FitzGibbon <james@else.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to re-run sysinstall?

At 01:46 PM 95.12.30 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Kevin McQuiggin wrote:
>
>> How do I re-run sysinstall?
>
>Depends on what you want to do.
>
>Most everything I've ever needed after install (packages, DES Source,
>Commerce, Experimental, etc.), i just ran /stand/sysinstall as root.
>
>Some sections have hard-coded calls to change the focus to ttyv0 for the
>input boxes, so it's best to run it from there (and not be doing anyting
>on ttyv1 either)

Thanks for the reply. When I run /stand/sysinstall as root, on ttyv0, the
session starts up on VTY2 (ttyv1, I believe). I switch to VTY2 using alt-f2,
and find that the arrow and function keys don't work.

I have to switch back to VTY1 using alt-f1, then cntl-C, then back to VTY2
to see a DEBUG message that control is passing back to VTY1, then I go back
to VTY1 where a second cntl-C returns me to the # prompt.

My TERM is set to cons25, the default. I tried changing this to vt100, same
results.

Any further suggestions?

Kevin

---