Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:10:23 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>, shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, postmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DPT boot

On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 11:10:20PM -0600, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> In article <XFMail.980922230648.shimon@simon-shapiro.org> you wrote:
> > Eivind Eklund, On 22-Sep-98 you wrote:
> >>  I just tried to boot my box with a CAMified kernel, and found that it
> >>  wouldn't.  Everything probed fine, but after the NPX message it just
> >>  hung for a long while.  After a number of minutes (more than 2, as
> >>  that was what I tried first, but less than 17, which was when I got
> >>  back to the box) it spit out a message (something like "CCB
> >>  (0:0:0:0:0) Timed out" - I unfortunately didn't write it down).
>
> Was Eivind's message originally on the SCSI list?  This is the second
> time I've heard you reference messages that I haven't seen on the list.
> Strange.

Correction to previous comment: It didn't get back to me through
freebsd-scsi after all.  However, it _was_ sent to scsi@freebsd.org
(according to my outbox).  Sounds like hub may be dropping messages (Simon
got it due to an explicit Cc:).

> > I get similar symptoms, but much shorter timeouts, like fraction of a
> > second per CCB.  Then I get the panic I reported.
>
> This is with the latest version of dpt.c in the tree?

I thought it was, but it obviously wasn't - it now works (with sources
current as of 16:52 GMT today - supped directly from freefall).

It now works here!  :-)

Eivind.