Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 01:35:27 +0100
From:      "Dave J. Boers" <djb@relativity.student.utwente.nl>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        nimrodm@email.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Abit's BP6 board lockups

On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 09:55:56AM +0100, Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr wrote:
> Well, the BP6 is very sensitive to external conditions : be sure to have
> a good power supply, check that your RAM is very well seated, and you'll
> get nevertheless strange lockups.
>
> It seems that Abit went cheap and did not do a good job with regulating
> current on the board (not enough capacitors near the CPUs)
>
> Nevertheless, it's a fine board (but I'll get a 300W PSU as soon as possible)

I am running Abit BP6 also with 400 Mhz Celeron's overclocked to 450 Mhz
(75 Mhz FSB) without problems. I haven't had strange lockups at all, except
one or two when I tried to run at 83 Mhz FSB (i.e. processors at 500 Mhz).

BTW, I do have a 300 Watt PSU.

Regards,

Dave Boers

--
  True Music was born with Johann Sebastian Bach.
  It died with Anton Bruckner while he was working on his ninth symphony.