Date:      Mon, 02 Dec 1996 13:49:28 -0600
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status report...

Howdy,

I just tested a kernel from this morning (12/1).  It is *much* better
than the one I tried last week.  Last week I got lots of sig11's, but
I haven't seen one yet!  But I am getting a few silo overflows
from the mouse, dmesg shows:

sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 1)
sio1: 2 more silo overflows (total 3)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 4)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 5)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 6)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 7)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 8)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 9)
sio1: 209 more interrupt-level buffer overflows (total 209)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 10)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 11)
sio1: 446 more interrupt-level buffer overflows (total 655)
ed0: device timeout
ed0: device timeout
ed0: device timeout
ed0: device timeout
ed0: device timeout
sio1: 47 more interrupt-level buffer overflows (total 702)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 12)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 13)
sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 14)

which are probably all interrupt related, no?  These only show up
under load, like `make -j8', but it's definately useable!

good work!

eric.
--
erich@lodgenet.com