Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:47:34 +0100
From:      "Frans-Jan v. Steenbeek" <lists@asphalia.nl>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wine-20041201

Hi folks,

I have been working lately to provide our company with a "Terminal
Service"-like solution using FreeBSD (5.3-STABLE). Since we have to use a
software suite only available on windows (AccountView 6.1, based on Visual
Foxpro) I have worked it all out using Wine-20040505. Anything after this
release is reported to fail, but I have heard rumors that 20041201 is
working, albeit by patching the kernel.

So, are these rumors true? What should I do to get it running, and what are
the consequences? I still have some issues (mostly filesystem-related) wich I
hope (but not expect) are better solvable with the new wine. Apart from that:
I would like to put AccountView in the wine-AppDb, and it would be nicer to
report that it works with recent wine's to...

(btw: my email-adres seems bogus, but I use it for lists and lists only... My
other mail-adres is strictly for suppliers and clients, so...)

Regards,

Frans-Jan v. Steenbeek
Asphalia VOF
http://www.asphalia.nl