Date:      Fri, 10 May 1996 10:51:11 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Marty Leisner <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@glue.umd.edu>, FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org>, bookpool@bookpool.com
Subject:   Re: About BSD With NE2000

>Uh, you have the wrong operating system group. :-)
>
>You should talk to BSDI tech support about this one.

It seems to me that their "bulletproof installation" should take
care of this for you? :-)

Dennis

>						Jordan
>> Hi,
>>    While installing BSD/OS 2.0 on a pentium PCI/ISA machine, the BSD
>> failed to recognize the NE2000 NIC, I've tried 3C503 NIC also but had no
>> luck. Would you please give me some suggestion? Thanks in advance.
>>    By the way, the iobase of the NE2000 is 0X300, and IRQ is 5.
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Jingbo Ye

Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX