Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:14:43 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Someone on list with latest virus?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Kent Stewart wrote:

> I agree and I am seeing similar quanties of virus infected emails. Since
> they are arriving from sites around the world, they have to be people
> on the FreeBSD lists.

There are several mail-to-news gateways that post the contents of the
FreeBSD lists to newsgroups.  This Windows-virus-of-the-week collects
email addresses from newsgroups.

So it's not necessarily true that any list member has the virus.
Certainly anyone running an MUA on FreeBSD doesn't have it, or need to
worry about getting it.