Date:      Sat, 17 Dec 2016 17:14:51 +0000
From:      Daniil Berendeev <pipfstarrd@openmailbox.org>
To:        Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>, "wheelie207@ownmail.net" <wheelie207@ownmail.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Unable to install xorg

> Hi Harold,
>
> That should not happen. I assume you ran 'pkg install xorg', which
> should finish nicely in 1-2 hours once you accept the installation.
The network can be down, Harold might be trying to install from a
non-privileged user, if he is using sudo, sudo might be misconfigured,
he might be using ports, than: his ports could be outdated, he fetched a
broken port (I've been complaining about fetching from HEAD by default
not so long ago), etc.

As a pre-help I'd suggest doing:

I.
su
freebsd-update fetch install

II.
and if Harold uses ports:
portsnap fetch update

else:
pkg upgrade

After that trying again and reporting here,
in case of failure, outputs of the following commands would be nice to
be provided:

df -h
nslookup goo.gl
ping -c 3 8.8.8.8
dmesg

--
Cheers~

PGP key fingerprint:
07B3 2177 3E27 BF41 DC65  CC95 BDA8 88F1 E9F9 CEEF

You can retrieve my public key at pgp.mit.edu.