Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:33:25 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        "Thornton, Neill R. HM2" <NRThornton@nmcsd.med.navy.mil>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Urgent:  Need AS4100 PS Schematics

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 08:48:41AM -0800, Thornton, Neill R. HM2 wrote:
> I need some help with something, hopefully someone out there can give us a
> hand...
>
> We have an AlphaServer 4100 that was running great until this morning, when
> one of the power supplies died.  Since this box is stuffed full of RAM, PCI
> cards and processors, it needs both to operate.  We have Electronics Techs
> here that can fix damn near anything with schematics, so I am hoping someone
> has a copy or at least know where I can find some schematics for these power
> supplies.
>
> This box is rather important, and the ET's are ready to start
> troubleshooting it without schematics, but it would make our life SO much
> easier if we had them.
>
> BTW:  Our Compaq rep is useless..... so that is not really an option.

Of course, because most likely Compaq does not have schematics
for the PSU. These things were normally buyout products designed to
spec by a 3rd party. A lot of the newer PSU were not even repaired by
our repair center but sent to the vendor for repair.

But whatever: even if your CPQ rep had schematics giving them to you
would be a quick way to resign from CPQ..

All is not so easy as it appears..

Wilko