Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 1999 00:17:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: trek73

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     I found a copy of the C version of trek73 in my Amiga archives.  This
>     is the trek73 originally written in HP-2000 Basic that was rewritten
>     by Dave Pare and Chris Williams in C and seriously enhanced by a bunch
>     of people including me in my early college years circa 1985.
>
>     I don't think any of the authors would mind if it went into /usr/games,
>     but tracking them down is close to impossible since ucbvax no longer
>     exists.  If nobody knows different, I would like to clean it up (fairly
>     easy since it's already in C) and commit it in.
>
>     I've included the docs below.

Remembering from ancient history, didn't this make the rounds to just
about anyone who wanted to learn code?  I think it was even in a DEC games
book.

I think putting this into games is safe, but there's another trek in games
already ... I haven't played trek in a looong time, is this one better in
some way than the one already there?  If it doesn't get into /usr/games,
anyhow, it can certainly go into ports.

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)