Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 02:15:51 -0500
From:      "J.A. Terranson" <sysadmin@mfn.org>
To:        Tyler DuMoulin <TylerD@mindless.com>, "'Dima Dorfman'" <dima@apc.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Install Problem

At 05:44 PM 4/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>	When I put the boot disk in it goes throught and appears to probe but then
>it restarts. I known that all my hardware is compatible with FreeBSD. Please
>Help

Without further info, there isnt much that can be done for you,
however, it does ring familiar with a few of us here :=>

We experienced this same problem installing 2.2.5-Release on
old 386 boxen from NCR (386/16 MFM drives, 2mb of 32bit SCRAM).
Even tho you can get the kernel small enough to *run* on these
things, you can't seem to *install*  with just the 2mb.  We
took the MFM controller and drive sets out and stuck em on high
end equipment for the installs and configs, then put em back
into the original environments with _no_ problems at all.  Both
of these boxes are acting as routers here as I speak...

Just a thought... Hope it helps...

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org

A small fading light in a vast and obscure universe.