Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:32:09 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse" <jdw_list@wwwi.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Circular log patches for syslog

Hi,

While working on another project, I made some patches to syslogd to support
circular logfiles:

http://software.wwwi.com/syslogd/

The syslogd patch includes changes to the man page to reflect the new usage.

I don't know if this is useful to anyone else, but it came in handy for me
on a small-footprint embedded project that couldn't afford to let logs grow
unbounded.

We have been using this in house without problems for awhile now.  Any
feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff