Date:      Fri, 6 May 2022 16:38:40 +0000 (UTC)
From:      doug@safeport.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: running FreeBSD on Notebook

On Fri, 6 May 2022, Tomek CEDRO wrote:

> On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 4:06 PM Ludovit Koren wrote:
>> I am just wondering, is anybody running FreeBSD on any modern notebook?
>
> I have been using FreeBSD on laptops (and desktops and servers) for
> around 14 years with no problem.

Me too. I think FreeBSD 5 was my first foray into BSD laptops. It has been
less challenging going forward but IMO the best way to stress test releases
at least up to 9.x. For me, as noted in this thread, make sure your laptop
chipsets are supported.

One thing I have never been able to do is configure the system so I can
negotiate the Hotel 'your gota log with the browser' setup. If there are
any tutorials on this, I have not found them.