Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:06:53 -0500
From:      Kage <kagekonjou@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multi-IP Jails using IPFW (7.1-REL)

Hey,

   I need a solution for using IPFW to forward multiple IPs (any port)
to a single jail.  Basically, here's what I'd like:

   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
    1   10.0.0.100        some.host.name            /usr/jails/jail-1

1.2.3.4 -> IPFW -> jail-1 (10.0.0.100)
1.2.3.5 -> IPFW -> jail-1 (10.0.0.100)
1.2.3.6 -> IPFW -> jail-1 (10.0.0.100)

The jails need to be able to connect to the outside world via one of
the IPs that are forwarded to it (doesn't matter which it defaults
to).  It CANNOT connect out via the base IP set in ifconfig, only one
of the aliases, specifically one of the ones pointing to the jail via
ipfw.

Ideally, I'd like to do this in ipfw since I've barely worked with pf,
and I've got tons of rules already setup in ipfw.  According to a
bunch of people around, a solution like can be done with ipfw (and
apparently has been done by a few), but no one will tell me how.  Can
someone please tell me what rule(s) I need to add to my ipfw settings?

Thanks!

--
~ Kage
http://vitund.com