Date:      Sat, 22 May 2010 19:52:37 +1000
From:      Andrew Reilly <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   did sudo change the default sense of env_reset option?

Hi there,

I haven't changed my configuration recently, but I've noticed
that sudo processes have stopped inheriting my environment
variables like MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX and PORTSDIR.  I read the man
page, and tried sudo -E, and that brings back the "old"
behaviour, but that implies (according to the man page) that my
sudoers file has env_reset enabled, and it just doesn't.

Hmm.  Closer reading of man 5 sudoers says that env_reset is
*on* by default.  This is new to me.

Hmm.  More digging in man pages: I need to add
Defaults !env_reset
under the #Defaults specification line.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

OK, so I've figured out the answer to my problem now, but since
I have seen one other post about the sudden disappearance of
MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX, and no obvious conversation about changes to
sudo, I'll post this anyway.  Hope it helps someone.

Cheers,

--
Andrew