Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:55:59 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        David Chamberlain <david.chamberlain@ibm.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD, Apache/PHP3 and databases

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 at 09:43 SAT, David Chamberlain wrote:

> Or does anyone have any other suggestions to connect PHP3 to non local
> databases (Progress, Informix and MS SQL).

Connecting to a non-local Postgres database should be trivial, by using the
"host" parameter in the pg_Connect function.

As for MS SQL, it seems that PHP3 itself does have ODBC support:
  http://www.php.net/manual/ref.odbc.php3

I have not yet used this myself, so I have no idea how well it works.

There's a PHP3 mailing list;  maybe the people there might have more
knowledge.

Good luck,
-- V

Johann Visagie | Email: wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878