Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 19:01:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernfs/procfs questions...

Mike Smith said:

> > Do I have permission to start removing sysctl's that aren't
> > documented/used?
>
> I would be more inclined to suggest an evenhanded review; if you can't
> obtain documentation on one, then hash it out with UNDOCUMENTED_SYSCTLS
> and wait for someone to complain.  Silence would sound like acceptance
> to me.

Nope, let's not create more work for the people really working on FreeBSD
than the armchair quarterbacks like Nate.  DO NOT REMOVE any sysctl's
without review.  Any sysctl's that I have added are there for a reason,
and I would be very displeased if I have to add them back in.

If someone goes through the motions of modifying a file, they can just
as well add info into the comment field for the sysctl.  So
rather than taking functionality out, be productive and add the
description in.

DO NOT WASTE MY TIME WITH THIS!!!