Date:      Sat, 02 Dec 2000 06:38:28 +0300
From:      "Mr. Blackman" <blackman@blackman.ru>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: which ftpd (Imortant &etc) aka wold cry

(sorry if this is an offtopic)
Nevermind wrote:

> Hello, James Wyatt!
>

>> <skipped>
>
> I've been hacked few month ago with such kind of sht
> using standard ftpd.

Do you _know_ this was "standart ftpd"?:) I think, don't:)

> ps ax | grep supa
> also make fsck in single mode several times, then search for suspicious dirs in
> /var/games, /var/*.
>
> This is hack based on loading kernel module

This is a rootkit, not hack (vulnerability) :)

>  which prevents process name supa
> to be killed
> also try to find dir or/and file named "lohi".

                            ^^^^
File "lohi" gives you a clue - this was a russian hackers (99%), so you
can meet them, buy them a beer and

ask: "Guys, how do u hacked my box, a?:)"
It will be better,  then flaming here.

P.S> Sorry one more time.

Blackman
"Peace man"