Date:      Sun, 01 Feb 1998 11:11:06 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        "Patrick R. Montgomery" <103007.526@compuserve.com>
Cc:        All <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: System Boot Problems

Patrick R. Montgomery wrote:

> I am having some serious problems getting my system to boot up in FreeBSD
> version 2.2.1 or 2.2.5.  I have tried installing both versions and I get
> the same result.  After going through almost the entire boot process, I get
> a panic:cannot mount root error.  Could somebody please shed some light on
> how to get around this issue or how to resolve the problem.

	Assuming that you are working with a multi-disk system, this is an
easily solvable problem. Search the mail archives
http://www.freebsd.org/search.html for the exact error messages, and
look for answers from Doug White.

Good luck,

Doug

--
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server.  5,120 clients and still growing.