Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 1995 10:10:13 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        cosmos@octet.com (Daniel Leeds)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bug in 2.1 install?!

As Daniel Leeds wrote:

> I then tried redoing the whole installation from scratch with both
> drives, same thing happens when writing partition labels.

I think the W)rite menu entry in sysinstall's label editor is not very
useful.  Don't use it.

At installation time, proceed with Q)uit in both, the partition and
the label editor, and the C)ommit your changes to actually have them
write labels etc., and install everything.

After installation, sysinstall is not yet up to the task of installing
an additional disk.  You have to undergo the mess to prepare a
disktab(5) entry for your disk, and disklabel(8) it manually.

--
cheers, J"org