Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:51:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BT848: Revenge of the smurfs

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> >From The Desk Of Doug White :
> > 5.  A special hack needs to be made for the Mach64 X server.  Amancio
> > reports the Mach64 cards' RGB bit order is backwards from other (S3?)
> > units.

> Just to get you going over there : Try setting the following bits:

Thanks for the hints.  Something to gum up the works:  color is OK in 15
bit mode.  So, I'll need to bust something up in bktr_ioctl() it looks
like, probably around line 1869, to add the color changes.  For the other
types, I'll have to remember to clear the color control flags.

                 case METEOR_GEO_RGB24:
                        bktr->format = METEOR_GEO_RGB24;
                        bktr->depth = 4;
                        break;

If I change the general case then we'll have the opposite effect.

> bt848[BKTR_COLOR_CTL] :
> 	bit 3 WORD SWAP ODD
> 	bit 2 WORD SWAP EVEN
> 	bit 1 BYTE SWAP ODD
>         bit 0 BYTE SWAP EVEN

> bt848[BKTR_COLOR_CTL] |= 3;

Setting one line and not the other could generate ... interesting...
effects.  :)