Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 03:36:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        bp@butya.kz (Boris Popov)
Cc:        winter@jurai.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netware client 1.2beta1

> > > Well, it's a first public release of nwlib. All concepts, design and
> > > implementation was maded to suit my needs, so I'll be very grateful
> >
> > Woo, works fairly well for me.  Was a bit slow with all the debuging
> > enabled.
> 	Of course, with all debug options it produces a lot of messages.
> >
> > I'm seeing problems with the '.' directory disappearing.

The "." and ".." directories in NetWare are synthetic.  We had exactly
the reverse problem when I wrote the NXFS attributed FS for UnixWare;
the client would get the "." and ".." from the server, and synthesize
them again at the client.  8-)

I also remember something about ".." strangeness at the top of the
volume; it's maybe because we exported FS subtrees that had a real ".."
in them as NetWare volumes, though.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---